Domed Buildings

By 1900, the campus was dominated by the imposing Academy Building and the adjoining Temple of Peace. Both buildings were constructed in the Theosophical vernacular that included the flattened arch motif and whimsical references to antiquity. The buildings were topped by amethyst domes, which were lighted at night and could be seen offshore.

 

Archives, Theosophical Society, Pasadena, California 91109    PLNU# 1 673-4 2705

START | PART 1 | PART 2 | PART 3 | PART 4