Master of Arts in Special Education
- Program Units
- Average Completion Time
- 18-24 months
- Cost Per Unit
- Program Delivery Format
- One night a week per class, 4:30-9:00 p.m.; classroom 8-week-long courses
- CTC, NCATE, WASC
- Bakersfield Regional Center
- Inland Empire (Corona) Regional Center
- Mission Valley (San Diego) Regional Center
This new graduate degree includes the Clear Credential and students choose one of five Added Authorizations in either Autism, Other Health Impaired (pending approval), Traumatic Brain Injury (pending approval), Emotional/Behavioral Disorders, or Early Childhood Special Education Curriculum, Services and Supports. To learn more about these programs, please visit the School of Education website.
Admissions Requirements for MA Special Education
Please go to the Application Process page for all application requirements.
Program Specific Requirements:
These are the additional requirements for your specific program that will need to be submitted along with the general admissions materials, by the designated priority application dates.
- Basic Skills Requirement: This can be demonstrated by taking the CBEST exam OR Multiple Subject CSET plus writing skills examination OR passage of the CSU Early Assessment Program or the CSU Placement Examination OR Proof of a Valid CA Teaching Credential.
Other Program Requirements Upon Acceptance:
(Talk with your program coordinator for specific deadlines).
Note: The following are additional requirements for candidates also pursuing a credential embedded in an M.A. or Ed.S. program:
- CTC Certificate of Clearance or other CTC credential.
- Evidence of prerequisite credential (excluding PPS credential program).