Common Knowledge Bookstore
The on-campus bookstore serves as an academic resource providing textbooks (new, used, e-book and rental) trade books, Bibles, reference books, and study guides. We also provide school and office supplies, school spirit gifts and apparel, and fax services for students. We are your one-stop shop on campus. You can also preorder textbooks and residence hall linens to pick up at the bookstore when you arrive on campus. Check out our website at www.pointloma.edu/Bookstore.
We accept the following forms of payment for your purchases:
- Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover)
- Barnes & Noble gift cards
- Campus ID card-loaded with Sea Lion Dollars and/or bookstore fund
A valid student ID or photo ID is required when paying with a credit card or check. Your check must have your current street address on it. The bookstore does not give cash back on any ATM, debit, or credit cards.
- A full refund will be given, in your original form of payment, if textbooks are returned during the first week of class with a receipt.
- With a proof of schedule change and a receipt, a full refund will be given, in your original form of payment, during the first 30 days of classes.
- No refunds on unwrapped looks leaf books or activated e-books.
- No refunds or exchanges given on textbooks without a receipt.
- Textbooks must be in original condition.
General reading books, software, audio, video and small electronics:
- A full refund will be given in your original form of payment, if merchandise is returned within 14 days of purchase with receipt.
- Opened software, audio books, DVD's, CD's, music, and small electronics may not be returned. They can be exchanged for the same item if defective.
- Merchandise must be in original condition.
- No refunds or exchanges without receipt.
All other merchandise:
- A full refund will be given, in your original form of payment, with a receipt.
- Without receipt, a store credit will be issued at the current selling price.
- Cash back on merchandise credits or gift cards will not exceed $5.
- No refunds on gift cards, prepaid, cards, phone cards, newspapers, or magazines.
- All merchandise must be in original condition.
Bookstore Phone Numbers
General Information (619) 849-2342
Bookstore Fax (619) 849-7011
Textbook Dept. (619) 849-7082
Bookstore Summer and School Break Hours
Monday - Friday 8a-4:30p
The bookstore will be closed for the following observed holidays and the adjacent weekends: New Year's Day, Matin Luther King's birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday), and Christmas.