Paul R. Bassett, M.F.A, J.D.
- Professor of Communication and Theatre
- Managing and Artistic Director of Salomon Theatre
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Office: (619) 849-2248
- Phone: Shop: (619) 849-2523
- Phone: Fax: (619) 849-7075
- Phone: department assistant at (619) 849-2605.
- M.F.A. Theatre, June 1977
- J.D. Law, June 1974
- B.A. Speech, May 1967
Managing and Artistic Director
Paul R. Bassett studied under Paul Baker, the founding director of the Dallas Theater Center. At the Dallas Theater Center, Dr. Bassett designed the touring set for The Oldest Living Graduate by Preston Jones and was the assistant designer for the Southwestern premier of Equus. Also while there, two of his plays--War Zone and Inside the White Room--were premiered on its Down Centre Stage. Since arriving at PLNU in 1978, he has directed and/or designed over 80 productions, among them Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, The Glass Menagerie, Antigone, The Runner Stumbles, Black Comedy, The Crucible, Tartuffe, Othello, The Children's Hour, The Fantasticks, The Miracle Worker, The Nerd, Romeo and Juliet, Godspell, The Real Inspector Hound, The Boys Next Door, The Servant of Two Masters, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Hamlet, Twelfth Night and Into the Woods.. He holds an MFA from Trinity University and a Juris Doctor from Southern Methodist University School of Law