Course Substitution Procedures
- Request for Course Substitution
- Go to Records Office for the correct course substitution petition
- Complete the appropriate form(s) from Records.
- Attach the following to your completed form(s):
- The course description of the course you took or want to take from the catalog of the school where you took or plan to take the course
- The syllabus for each course you have completed elsewhere and/or want to substitute for a PLNU course
- The course description from the PLNU catalog of the course you are trying to replace with the outside course you have taken/plan to take.
- Bring your completed forms with attached documents to department assistants (Rachel Mournian or Edie Chapman) in Bond.
- The LJML Department Chair, Dr. Bettina Tate Pedersen, will review all requests (except those for language courses). The Language Section Head, Prof. Jacque Mitchell, will review requests for language courses.
- You will be contacted via email or phone when your reviewed forms are ready to pick up.
- Credit is generally not given in the LJML department for online courses.
- AP Credit & IB Credit
Consult the online university catalog for a list of AP/IB unit awards.
- The SATII Language Exam
The exam is given the first day of each semester. Please sign up with our Department Assistant. SAT exam fee charged.