- Coordinator, MATL Program, Mission Valley Regional Center
- Program Director, CLAD Certificate
- Email: PaulaBlocker@pointloma.edu
- Phone: 619-563-2820
- Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership, University of La Verne , La Verne, California, 2005
- M.A. in Multicultural Education, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, 1979
- B.A. in Sociology, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 1972
Director of State and Federal Categorical Programs, Encinitas Union School District 2000-2008
Coordinator of Englsih Learner Services, Encinitas Union School District 1987-2000
Principal, Vice-Principal, Encinitas Union School District 1979-1999
Coordinator, Title VII- Dual-Immersion Program, Encinitas Union School District 1975-81
Classroom Teacher, Capri School, Grades K-3, Encinitas Union School District 1973-1978
- Administrative Service (Life)-1978
- Bilingual-Bicultural Competency (Life)-1975
- Standard Elementary Teaching Credential (Life)-1973
- GED 642 Advanced Strategies for English Learners;
- EDU 601 Language Acquistion and Diverse Populations
- GED 641 School Communities in a Pluralistic Society
- GED 688 Bilingual Education Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English
Dr. Blocker's research interests are in the areas of effective second language acquistion strategies , theory, teaching and learning and student acheivement practices that support teachers serving English Language Learners and their families.
A study of support mechanisams women experience in the pursuit and perserverence of a leadership role in education; Chair: Dr. Robert Corkrum; C0-Chairs: Dr. Rebecca Sapien-Melchor and Dr. Deborah Blow; University of La Verne, School of Education and Organizational Leadership, August, 2005.
California Subject Matter Project (CSMP) English Learner Development (ELD) Institute; Co-Chair and Committee Member;
For the last 20 years this organization has provided an annnual conferece with focus on serving English language learners. School districts in San Diego, Imperial and Orange County are regular participants. Some of the workshops presented cover Reponse to Intervention (RTI), Content-Area instruction/Strategies for the ELL student, use of technolgoy, Dual-Immersion and second languge acquistion and parent education.