- Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, Teacher Performance Assessment & MATL Programs
- Email: ConniCampbell@pointloma.edu
- Phone: (619) 849-2532 Main Campus
- Phone: (619) 563-2842 Mission Valley
- Ed.D in Educational Leadership, University of La Verne, 2004
- M.Ed in Curriculum and Instruction, Cross-Curricular Emphasis, University of San Diego, 1989
- B.A in Liberal Studies, Bilingual Education, University of San Diego, 1988
After 19 years in the public school system, Dr. Conni Campbell serves as professor and associate dean of undergraduate and graduate studies for PLNU’s School of Education. Campbell began her teaching career serving in several schools in San Diego County as a classroom teacher and a reading specialist for grades K-6, providing small group instruction to struggling readers in both English and Spanish. She then earned her administrative services credential and became the director of the beginning teacher support and assessment program for the North Coastal Consortium. She went on to earn her doctorate in educational leadership from the University of La Verne and became the principal of Paul Ecke Central School in Encinitas Union School District. Campbell currently teaches strategies for English learners and research methods and consults with school districts across the county. Her research agenda includes methods of teaching and assessment practice.
Maximizer, Learner, Strategic, Arranger, Connectedness
- California Multiple Subjects Credential, Bilingual/Cross-cultural Certification, 1988
- Reading Specialist Credential, 1994
- California Administrative Services Credential, 1996
- EDU 603, Classroom Assessment and Research Practices
- EDU 601, Principles of Language Acquisition
- GED 689, Research Methods
- GED 681, Educational Measurement and Evaluation
Dr. Campbell's research interests are in the area of assessment practice in the K-12 setting, effective teaching strategies for English learners and Advanced learners, and dispositions that contribute to effective teaching.
"Educating the Educators: a study of collegial coaching and improvements in teaching and learning", Dr. Phillip Pendley, chair, University of La Verne, 2004
Presenter at WASC Annual Conference, April 2012, “Moving Assessment from Paper to the Web: Choosing, Developing, Utilizing and Analyzing Assessment Data on a Web-based System”
Presenter at CERA, December 2011, “Classroom Assessment and Grading Practices”
Presenter at EPIC Research Institute, October 2011, “Classroom Assessment and Grading Practices”
Presenter at ACSI, November 2010, "Assessing Dispositions of K-12 Teachers and Students"
Presenter at CCTE, October 2010, "Teaching Performance Assessment and Dispositions: Linking policy with institutional priorities"
Presenter at Westmont College, May 2010, "Dispositions in Teacher Education: A Christian Perspective"
Presenter at CCTE, October 2009, "Assessing Dispositions: A Heuristic for Teacher Education Candidates"
Presenter at CERA, November 2009, "TPA as a Formative and Summative Evaluation Tool"
Presenter at ACSI, November 2009, "Assessment Practice in the K-12 Classroom"
Presenter at CCTE, March 2008, "Linking Pre-Service to Induction"
Campbell, C (2011). Effective Grading Practices K-12. http://www.epiculv.org/policy_paper_14.php
Campbell, C., Croy, K., Gibbs, S., Swezey, J., Railsback, G. (2008). Faculty satisfaction at private religious colleges. Private School Monitor 29(2), 1-18.