The 15-unit Teacher Leadership certificate will equip current teachers with the practical skills to serve as instructional mentor, coach, clinical practice supervisor, and professional developer.
Our emphasis on both student-centered and adult learning theories will empower you to confidently serve the entire school community.
Each certification/authorization may be taken either as a stand-alone program or added to the Master of Arts in Education, Teaching and Learning (MATL) degree.
- Instructional Leadership, Success for All Learners
- Ethical, Moral and Servant Leadership
- Strategies for Working With Students of Special Populations
- Using Technology to Support Student Learning
- Instructional Technology Project
- Induction Credit
For all included coursework, visit our program page.
Total Semester Units: 15 semester units
Format: Combination of face-to face and distance learning. In class meeting are from 4:30-9 pm, one night per week for a period of 8 weeks.
Completion time: 2-3 semesters
Tuition and fees: Please visit our Graduate Student Financial Services website.
This program is ideal for:
- Current Teachers who want to lead the design and delivery of curriculum at the school site or district office
- Current Teachers who want to be an instructional mentor or department chair
- Current Teaches who want to effectively supervise student teachers
- Current Teachers who may be thinking of administration in the future
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
A graduate admissions counselor is available to answer questions about the admissions process, priority application dates and requirements.Bakersfield Stephanie Meier, Graduate Enrollment Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org (661) 377-4721
Mission Valley (San Diego) Amanda Bolton, Graduate Enrollment Counselor email@example.com (619) 563-2810