Angelica Almonte, PhD, RN
- Phone: 619-849-2767
- University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, BSN
- University of San Diego, San Diego, CA, MSN
- University of San Diego, San Diego, CA, Ph.D.
- BSN Senior Leadership
- BSN Senior Capstone Practicum
- MSN Evidence-Based Practice Process
Clinical Background/Academic Focus:
Over 25 years of experience as a nurse researcher, educator, administrator, and leader. Clinical experience is mostly in the areas of maternal-child nursing (primarily in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Nursery, OBGYN Clinics) and ambulatory care (primary care, public health, health promotion). Current focus: leadership and management topics. Current research interests are: Translational Research - EBP Integration & Outcomes; Interventional Studies or Redeployment Transition for Returning Military Personnel and their Families; Healthcare Outcomes Research; and all things having to do with Qualitative Research.
- Almonte, Angelica (2009). Humanitarian Nursing Challenges: A Grounded Theory, Military Medicine, 174:5, 479-485.
Currently, an Associate Investigator on:
- Comparing the Use of Simulation Versus Traditional Preceptorship Training in a Nurse Intern Program: A Pilot Study
- Joint Multi-Disciplinary Evidence Based Practice Complex Wound Care Guideline Development
- Improving Quality and Reducing Costs in High Health Care Utilizers of Patient-Centered Medical Homes
- Military Medics' Insight into Providing Women's Health Services
Completed studies as Principal Investigator:
- Stress Inoculation for Deployed Personnel
- Navy Nurses' Experiences in Operation Unified Assistance Aboard the USNS MERCY: A Grounded Theory
Completed studies as Associate Investigator (AI):
- Psychometric Evaluation of a Triage Decision Making Inventory
- Reflective Practice for Resident Physicians in Military Operational and Humanitarian Assistance
- Clinical Knowledge Development: Continuity of Care for War Injured Service Members
- Back to Basics Intervention
- Competency and Work Environments of Perioperative Nurses
- Evaluation of Two Nurse Run Interventions for Blood Pressure Control: An Evidence Based Practice Project
- Nurses Stories: Serving in teh Military During Times of Conflict
- Tobacco Use in Marine Recruits
Podium and Poster Presentations available upon request.