- BSN Caring Faithfully: An Introduction to Nursing
- BSN Senior Capstone
- BSN Art of Nursing
- MSN Comprehensive Exam
Clinical Background/Academic Focus:
- Orthopaedics, Medical/Surgical, Critical Care, Case Management
- Dissertation topic: Describing Creativity Fostering Behaviors in the Nurse Educator
- Master's Thesis "Critical Thinking in the Baccalaureate Nursing Student", 1996
- Sigma Theta Tau, EpisilonUpsilon Chapter poster presentation, 1996
- Presenter at the Wesleyan Conference, 2001
- Taylor, B. (2005). "Hymns, Hard Rock, and Handmade Rugs", Journal of Christian Nursing, (22)4, 25-27
- Presenter at Innovations in Faith-based Nursing Education Conference, Indiana Wesleyan University, 2008
- S. Kim, R. Plumb, Q. Gredig, L. Rankin and B. Taylor. (2008). Medium-term post-Katrina health sequelae among New Orleans residents; Predictors of poor mental and physical health, Journal of Clinical Nursing, 17 (17), 2335-2342•Panel presentation at the Christian Nurse Educator Summit, Dallas, Texas, 2009
- 2009. PLNU, Sabbatical Presentation, "The Influence of Wesley on the Founder of Modern Nursing, Florence Nightingale"
- 2010, 2012. Sigma Theta Tau International, Zeta-Mu Chapter-at-Large, Induction Ceremony guest speaker
Barb's passion is nursing and nursing education. It is essential that nursing students understand the importance of the role that the nurse plays in healthcare today. More important, nurses must be caring and compassionate with those in their trust. Christian higher education provides a wonderful opportunity to explore holistic nursing practice and advanced education.