Dee Oliveri, EdD, RN
Dee Oliveri, EdD, RN
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 619.849.2657
- William Patterson University , Wayne, NJ, BSN
- University of Phoenix, San Jose, CA, MSN
- University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ, EdD
- BSN Caring Faithfully: An Introduction to Nursing
- BSN Sophomore Adult Health I & II
- MSN Development of Educational Programs
- Clinical Simulation
Dr. Oliveri began nursing in 1973, caring for adult medical/surgical patients. She was blessed for 12 years to have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of caring for these patients. She began to seek out new challenges in nursing, and she transitioned into critical care. In the high acuity environment, she found her true passion - caring for adult cardiac patients. She enjoyed a variety of positions in critical care, including staff nurse, charge nurse, and mentor to new hire nurses and students.
Dr. Oliveri believes teaching and learning are meant to be both a dynamic and a collaborative process. A significant part of the teaching and learning process, particularly at Point Loma Nazarene University, is the development of a personal relationship with students. Dr. Oliveri attempts to get to know her students and is a strong advocate for them. She values dignity, respect, integrity, and spiritual awareness, and role models these behaviors. She structures the learning environment to recognize the students as the center of the teaching and learning experience in order to promote positive student success.
- Doctoral Dissertation: "The Effects of Reflection, Knowledge, Inquiry, and Action on Nursing Students' Abilities to Think Critically"
- Research interests include: assessment/evaluation, attrition/retention, and the effects of simulation on students' self-confidence and ability to apply critical thinking in the clinical setting
- Board member for California National League for Nursing (NLN)
I am blessed to be a nurse educator and am always humbled by what I can learn from my students. In my free time, I enjoy cooking, baking, and spending time with my husband and children.