Jeanne Maiden, Ph.D., RN, CNS-BC
Associate Dean and Professor; MSN Program Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (619) 849-2420
- State University of New York, Canton, NY, AAS
- National University, San Diego, CA, BSN
- San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, MSN/CNS Critical Care
- University of San Diego, San Diego, CA, Ph.D.
- BSN Junior Nursing Research
- BSN Senior Capstone Practicum
- MSN CNS Role Acquisition
- MSN CNS Role Acquisition: Adult/Gerontology
- MSN Following Faithfully: Servant Leadership
- MSN Comprehensive Exam
Clinical Background/Academic Focus:
Many years as a critical care nurse, in particular surgical patients including cardiovascular surgery; Nurse educator providing a variety of educational opportunities for licensed staff; Clinical Nurse Specialist for critical care and orientation and competency assessment in an academic teaching institution. Current focus: ethics, end-of-life care, palliative care, research, moral distress, and compassion fatigue in nursing staff.
- Editor, Nursing 2007-present, Critical care. Pearls in Palliation.
- Maiden, J. (2002). Pulmonary Diagnostic Procedures. In Urden, L., Stacy, K., Lough, M. (Eds) Thelan's Critical Care Nursing Diagnosis and Management. St. Louis, Missouri: Mosby.
- Author of Pulmonary diagnostics chapter for 1998, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2010, & 2014 editions.
- Stacy, K, Maiden, J. (2000). Pulmonary Assessment and Diagnostics Procedures. In Urden, L., Stacy, K. (Eds) Priorities in Critical Care Nursing. Co-author with K. Stacy MS, CNS, CCRN - editions 2, 4, 5, & 6.
- Healthy Work Environments, Nursing 2010 Critical Care.
- Dimensions of Critical Nursing (2011), Moral Distress, Compassion Fatigue, and Perceptions about Medication Errors in Certified Critical Care Nurses.