Son Chae Kim, Ph.D., RN
Son Chae Kim, Ph.D., RN
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 619.849.7146
- University of San Diego, San Diego, CA - Ph.D., Nursing
- University of San Diego, San Diego, CA - MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner Program
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA - BSN
- BSN Adult Health III: Medical-Surgical/High Acuity Nursing
- MSN Nursing Research
- MSN Advanced Pharmacology
- MSN Thesis Seminar
Clinical Background/Academic Focus:
I have experience in Med/Surg and ICU nursing. My passion includes teaching Med/Surg/ICU Nursing, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology and Nursing Research. I have taught at Southern Connecticut State University in the past and currently serve as a volunteer faculty at the San Diego Evidence-Based Practice Institute. I have developed a psychometric instrument, Kim Alliance Scale (KAS), which measures the quality of the relationship between the health care provider and patient. I am currently involved in several research activities related to the evidence-based practice and nursing education.
- Mollon, D., Fields, W., Gallo, A., Wagener, R., Soucy, J., Gustafson, B., & Kim, S.C. (2012). Staff practice, attitude and knowledge/skill regarding evidence-based practice before and after educational intervention. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing (In press).
- Kim, S.C., Brown, C.E., Ecoff, L., Davidson, J.E., Gallow, A., Klimpel, K., & Wickline, M.A. (2012). Regional evidence-based practive fellowship program: Impact on evidence-based practice implementation and barriers, Clinical Nursing Research, doi: 10.1177/1054773812446063
- Kim, S.C., Ideker, K., & Todicheeney-Mannes, D. (2012). Usefulness of Aggressive Behavior Risk Assessment Tool (ABRAT) for prospectively identifying violent patients in medical-surgical units, Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(2), 349-357.
- Ideker, K., & Todicheeney-Mannes, D., & Kim, S.C. (2011). A confirmatory study of M55 violence risk assessment tool and demographic predictors of patient violence, Journal of Advanced Nursing, 67(11), 2455-2462.
- Kim, S.C., Yates, A. D., Graham, P., & Brown, C.E. (2011). Family-Provider Alliance Program in Intensive Care Units, Clinical Nursing Research, 20(3), 245-262.
- Stichler, J., Fields, W., Kim, S.C., & Brown, C.E. (2011). Faculty knowledge, attitudes and perceived barriers to teaching evidence-based nursing, Journal of Professional Nursing, 27(2), 92-100.
- Brown, C.E., Kim, S.C., Stichler, J., & Fields, W. (2010). Predictors of knowledge, attitudes, use and future use of evidence-based practice among baccalaureate nursing students at two universities, Nurse Education Today, Aug; 30(6): 521-527.
- Brown, C.E., Ecoff, L., Kim, S.C., Wickline, M., & Glaser, D. (2010). Multi-institutional study of barriers to research utilization and evidence-based practice among hospital nurses. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 19 (13-14), 1944-1951.
- Kim, S.C., Brown, C. E., Fields, Fields, W., & Stichler, J. (2009). Evidence-based focused interactive teaching strategy: a controlled study. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 65(6), 1218-1227.
- Kim, S.C., Plumb, R., Gredig, Q-N, Rankin, L., & Taylor, B. (2008). Medium-term post-Katrina health sequelae among New Orleans residents: Predictors of poor mental and physical health. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 17, 2335-2342.
- Kim, S.C., Kim, S., & Boren, D.M. (2008). Quality of therapeutic alliance predicts patient’s general satisfaction. Military Medicine, Jan; 173 (1): 85-90
- Kim, S.C., Boren, D.M., & Solem, S.L. (2001). The Kim Alliance Scale: Development and preliminary testing. Clinical Nursing Research, 10 (3), 314-331.
I love to work in the garden in my spare time.