Course Grade Appeal

It is the responsibility of the faculty to evaluate student performance and assign grades. The university has established a course grade appeal policy, however, that may be used when a student believes the syllabus was not followed in the grade calculation or if it is thought that grading was done in a capricious and arbitrary manner. The appeal policy does not include student dissatisfaction with a grade based on the faculty member’s professional judgment. A Course Grade Appeal Form is available from the Vice Provost for Academic Administration and must be filed within one year from the end of the course in which the grade was given.