Congratulations upon your acceptance to Point Loma Nazarene University! We are excited that you will be joining the campus community and look forward to serving you in the Wellness Center!
REQUIRED HEALTH INFORMATION FOR INCOMING STUDENTS
- Immunization Records - a front and back copy of your immunization records (see required immunizations below)
- Health Insurance Card - a front and back copy of your private health insurance card (for students declining PLNU Student Health Insurance Coverage)
- Health History Form - submission of Health History form (must be completed on the student portal)
- Tetanus (Tdap must be within the last 10 years)
- MMR-Measles, Mumps, Rubella (verification of 2 doses for students born after 1956)
- Current Tuberculosis (TB) screening (within the past year)
- Meningitis - Menactra
- Hep B vaccine - series of 3 doses
- Varicella vaccine - series of 2 doses (or titer if student had disease)
- Completed Childhood Polio Series
Students who do not complete the process to submit records containing required immunizations risk significant delays in registration for classes and housing. Please see our instructions for submitting immunization documents.
If you do not or have not received immunizations due to personal, religious or verifiable medical reasons, please submit an exemption form.
SELECTING HEALTH INSURANCE AT PLNU
All undergraduate students are required to have health and injury insurance coverage. For your convenience, a PLNU student health insurance policy is automatically billed to all student accounts each semester. Students must indicate their choice to keep or decline the PLNU health insurance prior to the start of the semester in order to reduce delays in housing and class registration processes. Choosing to decline the PLNU insurance policy means that you must provide policy information on the portal and proof of health insurance by submitting a front and back copy of a valid health insurance card.
To select insurance coverage you must:
- Logon to the student portal (my.pointloma.edu)
- Go to "Health Insurance" and make your selection to waive or not waive the PLNU Insurance.
- If you waive the PLNU Health Insurance and elect to keep your private health insurance carrier, you must provide policy information online AND send front and back copies of your health insurance card before the start of the semester!
- Refunds for waiving the PLNU Health Insurance are not available after the start of the semester!
- Both steps 2 and 3, must be complete before the semester begins.