Welcome to MOSAIC Clubs
Multicultural Opportunities for Students Actively Involved in Community
The members of all the clubs and organizations are the heart of the office of Multicultural and International Student Services. MOSAIC clubs intentionally seek to deliver a cross cultural, intercultural, and multicultural educational component in all of their programming. This is done to help create engagement between all students, no matter their heritage. We here in MOSAIC look forward to helping you enjoy your time at PLNU through our clubs, organizations, events, ministries and co-curricular activites! So please, check us out and find where you too can be a multicultural student actively involved in your community.
For a complete list of PLNU clubs, go to Clubs and Societies.
ALAS and Team Barnabas
- Association of Latin American Students (ALAS) is deadicated to providing a place for students, from a Latin background, to express and share their Latin Culture with one another and with the community on campus. Through culural awareness events on campus, such as Carnaval Latino , ALAS prides themselves on raising awareness on campus. ALAS, is all inclusive, meaning you do not need to be of Latin heritage to be a participant, all you need is a love for the people and culture!
- Team Barnabas is a mentoring ministry that seeks to encourage and connect new incoming students transitioning into college lifestyle here at Point Loma. By fostering particpation in on campus activities, events, dorm life, club affiliation or student ministries, Team Barnanbas mentors work hard to make sure new students find their passions and work toward graduation.
Asian Student Union (ASU)
- Asian Student Union was created with the goal in mind to have fun through the exposure of various Asian and Pacific cultures to the Point Loma community. ASU is all about cultural diversity, it is about hanging out and having a good time. Whether is at the Asian Film Festival or at one of the club hosted Sushi Nights, ASU loves to share their culture.
International Club and Mu Kappa
- International Club is where International meets Intercultural. San Diego is full of opportunities and places to explore, learn and grow as an individual. Becoming more internationally competent opens the door to members to learn about thier world and the vast cultural diversity the world has to offer. Members explore new areas such as international cuisine, events, and meeting new people. International Club invites you experience the world with them!
- Mu Kappa (Missionary Kids Club) is a club designed designed for those who have had experiences in the field of missionary work that has called them and their families to live in a foreign country. Mu Kappa acknowledges that the experiences in foreign countries has shaped them as individuals and celebrate those cultures, help transitioning students, and provide one another with friends who understand and share similar memories.
Hui O' Hawai'i
- Aloha! This club is all about the Aloha spirit and sharing with one another, friends and the community this spirit. The goal of Hui O' Hawai'i is to create a home away from home for all students. Every year Hui O' Hawai'i puts on the annual Luau that includes various cultural performances from different islands, which creates space to share the islands beautiful cultures with others. This clubs unique spirit through fellowship, music, hula dancing, and exquisite foods make it a club worth checking out!
Black Student Union (BSU) and Voices in Praise (VIP)
- Black Student Union (BSU) emphasizes family, service to the community and education about African American culture to the Point Loma community. BSU is a place or anyone and everyone!
- Voices in Praise (VIP) Gospel Choir*, as a family, exists to glorify God through vital community and extravagant worship that calls out to the King of Kings! This group meets weekly in the spirit and truth of honest and authentic worship, praise and prayer. VIP practices song selections in these meetings to the people of God into the presence of God. VIP is known around campus as inspirtational, real, and captivating. Not only does this club bless the campus, but they also travel to different congregations and venues throughout the semester.
* To see more about Voices in Praise, please visit their page by clicking here.