Pastor Dilli Ijam invites us to minister to youth and children through testimonies, Bible lessons, and games. He also asks us to teach conversational English to the youth.
80% of the Nepali people practice Hindu religion, 10% Buddhist, 4% Muslim, and 4% Kirant. Less than 1% of Nepal’s 30 million inhabitants are Christian. We have the opportunity to fellowship with Nepali Christians who are a small religious minority. We can learn a lot from their experience and their faith in a society where it is unpopular. We hope to encourage and support them as they live in the way of Jesus Christ.
We remember that plans are flexible. Here are our host’s hopes for the team’s ministry at this initial stage of planning:
- Sharing the individual experiences of their salvation, testimony, and learning experiences as young Christians with Nepali youth
- Sharing the word of God in the house fellowships and local Nazarene churches
- Teaching English to interested people especially the young people
- Teaching children and young people involved in children/youth ministry
- Helping churches in organizing 4-6 hours of VBS (Vacation Bible School)
Sites for the team to stay will be Hetauda and Chitwan/Nawalparasi. In both places, the community is composed of various ethnic and caste groups. There are several denominational and independent churches including Nazarene churches in both places. Nepali language is spoken well in these places.
Previous visits: 2008
Trip Dates: May 6 - May 27
Program fee: $3550
Dates of Previous LoveWorks Trips to Nepal:
Finances and Application
Please review these important links as you consider a LoveWorks trip.
2013 Trip Descriptions