Consistent with the PLNU mission and core values, the diversity initiatives will:
- Develop a strategic plan for diversity with annual goals to encourage increased recruitment and retention of diverse students, faculty, and staff.
- Foster mutual respect, appreciation and understanding among the members of a diverse university community.
- Disseminate information to members of the university community about "best practices" which encourage and support diversity.
- Serve as a means of communication on diversity issues between and among the schools and other institutional units.
- Assess the University's "cultural climate" and recommend changes based upon the data.
- Sponsor programs and activities which encourage diversity.