Services Provided through the Disability Resource Center
At PLNU the scope of services that are provided are based on availability of resources, personnel, and discretion of the Director. In compliance with the University policy, students with disabilities may be found eligible for one or more of the following services from the DRC:
- Academic support to assess planning, implementation and effectiveness of these services and programs
- Academic support to coordinate and administer specialized services, including collaboration with faculty for students with special academic needs associated with their disabilities
- Exam proctoring (if separation or extended time is necessary)
- Disability related counseling and advising
- Note taker resources
- Textbooks in alternative format
- Registration assistance, including priority registration, assistance with application for financial aid and related college services
- Transcription services, such as providing Braille and large print materials not available through other sources
- Access to assistive technology to support learning needs.
- Use of a reader, scribe or assistive technology during proctored exams.
- Assistance in determining how best to meet special housing, transportation or dietary needs for residential students.