For over 20 years, a number of surveys have been completed by various groups at the university. Several have been initiated by the Institutional Research Office and some from other offices of the university like Student Development. Many are developed by national academic survey offices, such as those from the Higher Education Research Institute [HERI] at UCLA, but with the ability to add questions to allow assessment of local services and offices. There have also been some sponsored by grants with outside organizations (a FIPSE-sponsored grant with the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities).
State of the Undergraduate PLNU Student
Graphic representation of survey results from incoming freshmen through outgoing seniors, given from 2003 to 2007 on topics including societal values, diversity, student life, spiritual life, academic life and services.
The following information lists the surveys, years given and reports written in the past five years.
- Freshman Survey (Cooperative Institutional Research Program [CIRP]-HERI) 1988-2008, 2010
- Your First College Year (CIRP-HERI) 2002-2009
- PowerPoint Presentation for 2009 by HERI-CIRP
- College Senior Survey (CIRP-HERI) 1993-2009
- Faculty Survey (CIRP-HERI) 1989, 1992, 1995, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010
- Faculty Profile; Survey Years 1998, 2001, 2004
- Alumni Survey (Council of Christian Colleges and Universities [CCCU]) 1993
- Student Satisfaction Survey (CCCU Retention Project) 1997-1999
- National Survey of Student Engagement 2000, 2005, 2011
Survey Information is available in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.