Replacement Diploma Policy
On May 17, 1998, Point Loma Nazarene College officially assumed university status. Students who graduated prior to May 1999 may request a facsimile diploma reflecting the institution's name change to Point Loma Nazarene University.
- The facsimile diploma certifies, under the university name, that the individual graduated from the institution, although under a different institutional name. The signatures of current officers of the Board of Trustees and administrators are used.
- Graduates of Pasadena/Point Loma are not required to surrender their original diploma in order to receive a university facsimile diploma.
- The university diploma, for those who graduated before the name change took effect, is only a facsimile of a diploma, not a replacement diploma.
- Requests must be made in writing, along with the graduate's signature, to the Alumni Office.
- The cost for the facsimile diploma is $45. This amount covers direct and indirect costs of formatting, producing and mailing the facsimile diploma.
For more information please call the Alumni Office at (800) 4PT-LOMA (478-5662). Or write to: Point Loma Nazarene University Alumni Office, 3900 Lomaland Dr., San Diego, CA 92106