Q: What are e-bills?
A: E-bills are online student billing statements that display student-related financial activity such as tuition, fees, housing, financial aid and payments. E-bills are available online through PLNU’s student and parent portals.
Q: How does e-billing work?
A: PLNU will mail a paper bill prior to the beginning of each semester to the address designated by the student. Subsequent bills for that semester will be available online through PLNU’s student and parent portals. On a monthly basis, students will receive an e-mail notification if there is a balance due on the student account, advising that the e-bill is available to view and pay on the portal. The e-mail will be sent to your official university e-mail account. If you have authorized other individuals to have access to your financial information (such as parents, guardians, a spouse or third party sponsor), these individulas can set-up a "parent" portal at my.pointloma.edu in order to view bills, and will be enrolled to receive e-mail notifications when a new statement of account is generated each semester.
Q: How can I pay my e-bill?
A: Bills can be paid three ways:
- Pay online e-check. You are not required to pay online. E-check is a fast and secure method to electronically pay your e-bill from a checking or savings account. There is no convenience fee when paying by e-check. Please note that credit and debit cards are not accepted as payment towards a student's account.
- Pay by mailing a check to PLNU, Student Financial Services Office, 3900 Lomaland Drive, San Diego, CA 92106. Please write the student's name and PLNU ID number on the memo line at the bottom of the check.
- Pay in person (cash or check) at the Cashier’s Window located in Draper Hall, on PLNU’s main campus in San Diego. (Credit card payments are not accepted at the Cashier’s Window).
Q: Can I mail my payment?
A: We encourage you to make your payment online but, if you wish to mail your payment, please print your bill and detach and include the payment remittance form at the top of the bill with your payment. Please write the student's name and PLNU ID number on the memo line at the bottom of the check. Mail the payment to PLNU, Student Financial Services Office, 3900 Lomaland Drive, San Diego, CA 92106.
Q: What are the benefits of e-billing?
- Student privacy – only you and those you authorize can see your e-bills and payment history
- Parents or other authorized payers can view the bill prior to submitting payment
- E-bills are up-to-date on a real time basis, and are available to view 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Automatic e-mail notification each month if there is a balance due on the account
- Better use of university resources
Q: How do I access my e-bill?
A: Log into your Student Portal (http://my.pointloma.edu) and enter your User Name and Password. Click on “Students” at the top of the page, and under the “Financial Services” section, click on “Statement of Account.”
Q: How do authorized payers access my e-bill?
A: Authorized payers will need to set up a Parent Portal in order to view and/or pay your e-bill. Click here for detailed instructions on how to setup a Parent Portal.
Q: How do I authorize my parents or others to view and/or pay my e-bill?
A: Click here for detailed instructions on how to authorize your parents or others to view and/or pay your e-bill.
Q: How can my family obtain my bill if they do not have access to a computer?
A: If others normally pay your bill and they do not have access to a computer, you can print and mail it to them or simply provide them with the balance due and the payment mailing address. Please be sure they write your name and PLNU ID number on the memo line at the bottom of the check.
Q: How can I view and/or print my bill if I do not have a computer at home?
A: Your options include:
- You can access any computer on campus, including computers for student use in the Student Financial Services Office, to view and/or print your bill.
- Visit a public library or internet café to access your e-bill.
- Your employer may have a computer available to access your e-bill.
- Ask a family member or friend who has a computer to access your e-bill.
Q: Will my e-bill show the payment I just made?
A: Yes, each time you generate your e-bill online, the information will be up-to-date with the most recent payment transactions. Payments are posted real-time, the same day. However new charges, tuition adjustments due to class changes may take 24 hours to reflect the changes.