Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Program
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) training and certification prepares practitioners to apply the LSS tools and deliver results, focused on customer needs and business success. This highly interactive course uses several case studies, simulations, and games. No prerequisites are needed.
Black Belt Overview
Black Belts are Six Sigma experts who complete 12 days of Six Sigma training and act as internal consultants or coaches to drive an improvement project to achieve results (usually results in $100,000 of annual savings). Black Belts receive a balance of management skills (project/team/change management) and tool application to achieve desired process improvements. A Black Belt is dedicated to driving critical change opportunities and achieving results. The Black Belt leads, coaches, rallies, and provides expertise to a Six Sigma team.
Black Belt Objectives
- Learn the combined LSS tools at a Black Belt level
- Acquire the ability to select projects, develop teams, and deliver results
- Apply concepts to a project impacting the bottom line
- Prepare the LSS BB to deploy LSS to other individuals in their organizations
- Begin developing abilities to teach LSS White, Yellow, and Green Belts
Certification requires individuals to attend all training, pass an assessment, complete one project, facilitate two Kaizen events ("to become good through change"), deliver results of at least $100,000 in annual savings and present the project. Students will be mentored by the instructor over a six month period.