CARES Higher Education Emergency Relief Grant Information
*starting in quarter 2 of 2022 both Student and Institution will be found in the same link
The CARES Act, which establishes and funds the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), directs institutions of higher education to provide emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. PLNU is in the process of acquiring the allocation of emergency grant funds from the Federal Government to be distributed to our students. If you have incurred expenses related to the disruption of instruction caused by COVID-19 and meet the below criteria, please complete the application by May 20, 2020. The formula for determining the grant amounts includes factors such as number of units enrolled in the Spring 2020 term and financial need as demonstrated on the 2019-2020 FAFSA. Grant amounts will be determined after the May 20, 2020 application deadline. Grant distribution will begin around May 28, 2020 and be completed by the middle of June. These emergency relief funds will not impact any other financial aid you may have received during this academic year.
- Must have incurred expenses directly related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19
- Must have filed a 2019-2020 FAFSA by May 20, 2020 and be eligible for Federal Financial Aid
- Must be in a program that was not fully online prior to March 13th, 2020
- Must have been enrolled in at least 3 units in Spring 2020
- Must complete PLNU’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) application by May 20, 2020
The primary method of grant distribution will be by direct deposit. If you have not completed the process of setting up direct deposit payment elections in Workday, please do so by following the attached instructions. Those not enrolled in direct deposit may need to wait longer to receive grants in the form of a check.
For more information and to apply for these grants, please complete the application form.