For Traditional Undergraduate Students
Our Plans for 2024
PLNU is planning for another healthy and vibrant year on campus! Based on reduced hospitalization and/or complications due to high vaccination and booster rates within the community, better available treatment options, higher population-level immunity, and current scientific knowledge of mutations in the virus that are associated with milder illness, PLNU is well-positioned to move toward a more endemic way of life with COVID-19.
During this more endemic phase, if local conditions change and public health officials determine disease severity or incidences have increased that pose a threat to the greater community, we will adjust our plans accordingly. We'll continue to closely monitor our regional public health data, provide additional cleaning and improved air circulation across campus, encourage masking when ill from any illness, and provide high-quality medical care to all members of our campus community.
What to Expect
(Last Update: January 17, 2024)
- Symptomatic and exposure-based testing appointments will be available for students through the PLNU Wellness Center.
- Isolation is still required, per the Center for Disease Control. It is recommended that you isolate at home if you test positive for COVID-19 for a minimum of 5 days. Isolation may end if you have not had a fever for 24 hours without using fever reducing medication AND other COVID-19 symptoms are mild and improving. Testing appointments are available at the Wellness Center or through a clinic closer to your residence if you are a non-residential student.
- For students wishing to update their COVID-19 vaccination status, please provide documentation to the Point n Click app.
- Individual academic programs may have additional or different immunization requirements due to the nature of the program or the requirements of external partners. This includes, but is not limited to, internship, clinical/field experiences, or PLNU programs offered at partner sites. All students participating in such programs will be required to meet all applicable requirements.
What you can look forward to at Point Loma:
- Engaging academics
- Meaningful interactions between students and faculty
- Comprehensive wellness resources as we continue to navigate COVID-19
- Transformational spiritual life opportunities
- Numerous ways for students to engage, connect, and find a home at Loma