For Traditional Undergraduate Students
Here at PLNU, we place topmost importance on ensuring that our community of students, faculty, and staff are together and safe. We have developed a long history of exemplary care and successful strategic planning around COVID safety practices that are in accordance with state and county guidelines.
In fact, PLNU’s work and response on this front was recently recognized by the County of San Diego with a proclamation of excellence.
Our Plans for Fall 2022
These decisions have been made carefully by our medical and academic teams in effort to minimize disruptions and provide as much predictability as possible for students, faculty, and staff. We appreciate your continued support, partnership, and resiliency as we look forward to the Fall 2022 academic semester.
What to Expect
(Last Update: April 29, 2022)
- There will be no testing required prior to Fall New Student Orientation (NSO) and move in.
- We are currently not requiring a COVID-19 vaccination for the Fall 2022 semester, however, we strongly encourage it.
- We will continue to follow our existing masking policy which allows for all individuals to be unmasked outdoors and most indoor settings. See our FAQs more details.
- Symptomatic and exposure based testing will be available for the students through the PLNU Wellness Center.
- Students who test positive will be required to isolate per CDPH guidelines. Isolation processes will depend on the student's home location. See our FAQs for more information.
- We continue to require students to provide vaccination documentation for all doses they have received. This information can be submitted to the Wellness Center through the QuickBase app.
- Individual academic programs may have additional or different immunization requirements due to the nature of the program or the requirements of external partners. This includes, but is not limited to, internship, clinical/field experiences, or PLNU programs offered at partner sites. All students participating in such programs will be required to meet all applicable requirements.
What you have to look forward to at Point Loma:
- Engaging academics
- Meaningful interactions between students and faculty
- Comprehensive wellness resources as we continue to navigate COVID-19
- Transformational spiritual life opportunities
- Numerous ways for students to engage, connect, and find a home at Loma