For Traditional Undergraduate Students
Our Plans for Fall 2023
PLNU is planning for another healthy and vibrant year on campus! Based on reduced hospitalization and/or complications due to high vaccination and booster rates within the community, better available treatment options, higher population-level immunity, and current scientific knowledge of mutations in the virus that are associated with milder illness, PLNU is well-positioned to move toward a more endemic way of life with COVID-19.
During this more endemic phase, if local conditions change and public health officials determine disease severity or incidences have increased that pose a threat to the greater community, we will adjust our plans accordingly. We'll continue to closely monitor our regional public health data, provide additional cleaning and improved air circulation across campus, encourage masking when ill from any illness, and provide high-quality medical care to all members of our campus community.
What to Expect
(Last Update: August 18, 2023)
- Prior to arriving on campus, we strongly encourage students to take an antigen test. However, there will be no testing required prior to Fall Welcome Week and move-in.
- We're currently not requiring a COVID-19 vaccination for the fall 2023 semester, though we strongly encourage it.
- Symptomatic and exposure-based testing will be available for the students through the PLNU Wellness Center.
- Students who test positive will be required to isolate per CDPH guidelines. Isolation processes will depend on the student's home location.
- For students wishing to update their COVID-19 vaccination status, please provide documentation to the Point n Click app.
- Individual academic programs may have additional or different immunization requirements due to the nature of the program or the requirements of external partners. This includes, but is not limited to, internship, clinical/field experiences, or PLNU programs offered at partner sites. All students participating in such programs will be required to meet all applicable requirements.
What you can look forward to at Point Loma:
- Engaging academics
- Meaningful interactions between students and faculty
- Comprehensive wellness resources as we continue to navigate COVID-19
- Transformational spiritual life opportunities
- Numerous ways for students to engage, connect, and find a home at Loma