Dr. Dan Croy came to PLNU in 2002 with a diverse background. After receiving his master's in psychology, he began his career as an instructor at Nazarene Bible College in Colorado, where he taught psychology, music, and ministry courses. He then served as an associate pastor at First Church of the Nazarene in Colorado Springs before moving to Tennessee to pursue his Ed.D. in general administrative leadership. He served in his first upper-level management position at Hospital Corporation of America in Nashville from 1988 – 1989, returned to academia as the director of Graduate Studies in Management at MidAmerica Nazarene University from 1992 – 1996, and later served as the president of a nonprofit from 1996 – 2002. During his tenure at PLNU, Croy has been involved in training faculty on new technology, various committees, and nationwide speaking opportunities. In addition, he won the ACBSP Region 7 Excellence in Teaching Award in 2007.
- Ed.D., General Administrative Leadership, Vanderbilt University
- M.A., Psychology, University of Northern Colorado
- B.S., Religious Education, MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Principles of Management – MGT 212
- Human Resources Management – MGT 374
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Professor of Management, 2002 – present
- The Light House, President, 1996 – 2002
- Nazarene Theological Seminary, Adjunct Faculty, 1998
- MidAmerica Nazarene University, Director of Graduate Studies in Management, 1992 – 1996
- First Wesleyan Church, Director of Counseling and Learning Ministries, 1989 – 1992
- Hospital Corporation of America, Coordinator of Management Development, 1988 – 1989
- Christian Counseling Center, Therapist, 1984 – 1988
- Trevecca Nazarene University, Adjunct Faculty, 1984 – 1988
- John Wesley College, Adjunct Faculty, 1983 – 1984
- First Church of the Nazarene, Denver, CO, Associate Pastor, 1981 – 1983
- Nazarene Bible College, Instructor of Psychology and Christian Education, 1978 – 1981
Professional and Community Involvement
- Society of Human Resources Management, Member
- American Society for Training and Development, Member
- Christian Business Faculty Association, Member
- Christian Leadership Alliance, Member
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, Member
Awards and Honors
- ACBSP Region 7 Excellence in Teaching Award, 2007
- Servant Leadership to Families Award, 2005
- Coalition for Community Collaboration Commitment Award, 2002
- MidAmerica Nazarene University Alumni Achievement Award, 1988
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, 1972 – 1973
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Croy, D. (2009, June 4). The Ten Commandments for PowerPoint Pulpits. Church Tech Column/P&B Online. Retrieved from http://www.pbusa.org
- Croy, D. (2009, March 1). And I Do Have a Point: The PowerPoint Pulpit. Church Tech Column/P&B Online. Retrieved from http://www.pbusa.org
- Croy, D. (2006, October). Cyberspace: Hook, Line, and Sinker. The Sword and Trumpet.
- Croy, D. (2005). The Stained Glass Ceiling: Searching for Congruency in Our Theology and Teaching Practices. Presentation at CBFA Annual Conference, San Diego, California.
- Croy, D. & Croy, K. (2003). The Dichotomy Dilemma. Holiness Today.
- Croy, D. (1999). Doggone Management: Personal and Professional Lessons Learned From Man's Best Friend. Olathe, Kansas: STEP FORWARD Press.
- Croy, D. (1995). The Chemistry Set Challenge: 'Let's Mix Marketing with TQM. The Radiology Business Management Bulletin.
- Croy, D. (1989). Measuring Instructor Developmental Stages (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Sivewright, G. & Croy, D. (1986). Parents, Teens, and Other Strangers: The ABCs of Family Communication. Kansas City, Missouri: Beacon Hill Press.
- Goodwin, D. S. & Croy, D. (1983). Ask Debbie & Dan. Kansas City, Missouri: Beacon Hill Press.