Dr. Jamie Ressler came to PLNU in 2013 with a background in academia, professional communications, and marketing. She launched her professional career as a communications director for the Palm Beach Civic Association in 1993, became an accounting executive at A.E. Sloan & Associates in 1994, and the director of Corporate & Foundation Relations at Palm Beach Atlantic University in 2001. In 2002, Ressler began her career in academia as an assistant professor of marketing at Palm Beach Atlantic University. During her tenure at Palm Beach Atlantic University, she served in several leadership roles, including undergraduate chair, internship director, and member of the interim dean management team. In 2011, she became an associate professor of marketing at Anderson University in South Carolina, before coming to PLNU in 2013. During her time as associate dean of Graduate Business Education at PLNU, Ressler has led the growth of the M.B.A. program, including the launch of the online M.B.A. program in spring 2017, while also teaching undergraduate- and graduate-level marketing courses.
- D.B.A., Marketing, Nova Southeastern University
- M.B.A., Marketing, Palm Beach Atlantic University
- B.S., Public Relations, Florida State University
- Corporate Social Responsibility – BUS 619
- Marketing Management – BUS 655
- Field Experience – BUS 680
- Consumer and Organizational Buying Behavior – MKT 333
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Associate Dean of Graduate Business Education, 2013 – present
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Associate Professor of Marketing, 2013 – present
- Anderson University, Associate Professor of Marketing, 2011 – 2013
- Palm Beach Atlantic University, Assistant Professor of Marketing, 2002 – 2011
- Palm Beach Community College, Adjunct Professor, 2000 – 2002
- Palm Beach Atlantic University, Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations, 2001 – 2002
- Armory Art Center, Marketing Director, 1998 – 2001
- Armellini Industries Inc., Marketing Manager, 1995 – 1998
- A.E. Sloan & Associates, Account Executive, 1994 – 1995
- Palm Beach Civic Association, Communications Director, 1993 – 1994
Professional and Community Involvement
- PLNU's Delta Mu Delta Chapter, Founder and Advisor, 2012 – present
- Fermanian School of Business MBA Committee, Chair, 2012 – present
- Graduate Directors Program Committee, Member, 2013 – present
- MBA Scholarship Committee, Member, 2013 – present
- FSB Assessment Committee, Member, 2013 – present
- Pacific Beach Homeless Coalition, 2015 – present
- San Diego Ad Club and San Diego Marketing Association, Member
- United States Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Member
- Christian Business Faculty Association, Member
- American Marketing Association, Member
Awards and Honors
- The Michael Boles Excellence in Teaching Award, Anderson University, 2012
- Kotler Travel Grant to attend the AMA Nonprofit Marketing Conference, 2007
- Rising Star Award, The Association for Women in Communications, 1999
- President's Award, The Association for Women in Communications, 1995 and 1998
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Ressler, J. & Schober, R. (2016, January). Embedding Innovation: PCI Innovation Case Study. Presentation at United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Annual Conference, San Diego, California.
- Ressler, J. (2013, May). A Closer Look at the Role of Warmth and Competence in Consumer Relationships with a Higher Education Brand. Presentation at Consumer Brand Relationships Conference, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Ressler, J. (2012, June). Brand Reputation Building at Universities: Students Attitudes, Beliefs and Intention to Enroll. Presentation at Consumer Brand Relationships Conference, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Ressler, J. (2010, May). Examining Belief and Attitude-Based University Reputation and its Impact on Behavioral Consequences. Presentation at Hawaii International Conference on Business, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Ressler, J., Smith, D., & Kloba, J. (2010, March). Operationalizing the C4 Model of Student Transformation. Presentation at IACBE Annual Conference, Newport, Rhode Island.
- Ressler, J. (2009, November). Assessing the Impact of University Reputation on Stakeholder Intentions. Journal of General Management, 35(1).
- Ressler, J. (2009, May). An Examination of the Impact of University Reputation on Stakeholder's Behavioral Consequences. Presentation at Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Ressler, J. (2008). 'An Analysis of Customer-Based University Reputation and Reputational Consequences.' Developments in Marketing Science. In Robinson, L. (Eds.), Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Academy of Marketing Science: Vol. XXXI.
- Ressler, J. (2008, May). An Examination of the Antecedents and Consequences of University Reputation. Presentation at Corporate Identity/Associations Research Group, 5th International Conference, Vancouver, Canada.
- Ressler, J. (2008). A Model of University Reputation and Student Choice, Decision Sciences: Making It Happen. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference of the American Institute of Higher Education: Vol. 1, No. 1.