Monique Staats is the Assistant to the Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling program. She has been with PLNU for nearly 2 years, previously working with ADC within the College of Extended Learning. Monique, a PLNU alum, now focuses her time on the growth and development of the MACC program, as well as completing her M.A. and training at Sharp HealthCare’s Mesa Vista Psychiatric Hospital. At this time, her clinical focus is centralized around working with patients healing from trauma.
Monique is passionate about the MACC program and interacting with students and faculty alike. She is available to help with curriculum and overall program-related questions, as well as meeting for a quick chat.
- M.A., Clinical Counseling, Point Loma Nazarene University (In progress)
- B.A., Psychology--Therapeutic & Community Concentration, Point Loma Nazarene University
- A.A., Psychology, Evergreen Valley College
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Program Assistant, 2017-Present
- Sharp HealthCare Mesa Vista Psychiatric Hospital, Trauma IOP Trainee, 2017-Present
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Academic Administration Intern, 2016-2017
- Include Autism, Behavior Coach, 2016
- Clincal & Forensic Psychological Services, Clinical Assessment Intern, 2016
- Clinical & Forensic Psychological Services, Substance Abuse CBT Intern, 2015-2016
Professional and Community Involvement
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT), 2017 – Present
Lifetime member, National Honor Society for Psychology (Psi Chi) PLNU Chapter, 2016-Present