Dr. Anna Montejano came to PLNU in 2018 with 33 years of nursing experience. She is currently teaching in the undergraduate nursing program. She is passionate about teaching and enjoys engaging her students in their learning. She is blessed with her husband, 3 adult children, and supportive family and friends.
- D.N.P., California State University, Northern Consortium, Fresno/San Jose
- M.S.N.- Ed. University of Phoenix
- B.S.N., California State University, Fresno
- NSG 340 Adult Health III
- NSG 341 Nursing of Families: Adult Health III Practicum
- NSG 270 Pharmacology
Experience in Field
Dr. Anna Montejano came to PLNU in 2018 with 33 years of nursing experience. She has been a Staff Nurse, Assistant Nurse Manager, Preceptor, Educator, and a Project Manager for an Emergency Department Expansion Project in 2001. Her background is in the Emergency Department with over 20 years experience.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Emergency Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Society of Simulation in Healthcare
Awards and Honors
- BCEN Doctoral Scholarship - Emergency Nurses Association, 2016
- SANT Scholarship for Doctor of Nursing Practice for Valley Foundation School of Nursing from San Jose State University - 2016
- CHHS Presidential Collaborative Honors Scholarship - Doctor of Nursing Practice - 2016
- Robert Toman Memorial Scholarship - Emergency Nurses Association - 2010
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Fast Facts for the Triage Nurse, an Orientation and Care Guide, Author, Springer Publisher, 2nd edition 2019.
- Rapid Access Guide for Triage and Emergency Nurses: Chief Complaints with High Risk Presentations, Author, Springer Publisher, 2018.
- Essentials for the Triage Nurse, an Orientation and Care Guide in a Nutshell, Author, Springer Publisher, 2017 in the United Kingdom.
- Fast Facts for the Triage Nurse, an Orientation and Care Guide in a Nutshell, Author, Springer Publisher, 2015.
- Fast Facts for the Radiology Nurse, a Nursing Orientation and Care Guide in a Nutshell, Contributor and Manuscript Reviewer, Springer Publisher, 2014.
- “What is a Triage Nurse?” Published in the Journal of Emergency Nursing, January 2010.
- A Daybook for Beginning Nurses, by Donna Wilk Cardillo. Provided several words of wisdom to beginning nurses throughout the book, 2009.