Currently Dr. Seamans is working on a book on text linguistics. Eventually he wants to get back to his book on the poet John Keats.
He enjoys reading, writing, and swimming. Every summer he attends the Tamarack Writers Conference at Big Moose Lake, NY, which recently held its 43rd session.
- Ph.D. in English Language and Literature
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- The Phenomenon of Religious Distress in the Writings of William Cowper and Samuel Johnson in Relation to Their Theological Milieu
- Writing for Growth
- The Dead One Touched Me from the Past
- Upstarts in Upstate
- In Spirit and in Truth
- The Bookman
- The Brightening Lamp, Triptych: three poets, one soul, Faith and Imagination
- A View of Mooers Camp in the Context of the Holiness and Camp Meeting Movements
Other Articles Written
- "The Sound of Poetry"
- "The Camp Cornish Venture"
- "How to Honor the War Dead: the Deep Structure of Two Texts Memorializing Those who Have Died in Battle"