- Ph.D., German Literature, Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen
- M.A., German Literature & History, Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
- Elementary German I - GER 1001
- Elementary German II - GER 1002
Experience in Field
Associate faculty, California State University San Marcos (fall 2018-spring 2019).
Associate faculty, Mesa, Grossmont, MiraCosta and Palomar Community Colleges, teaching German language and culture face-to-face and online (spring 2013; fall 2016-present)
Professional and Community Involvement
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
RESEARCH & ANALYSIS
Research and implementation of improvements to dictionary and rule sets for German<>French and German<>English translation programs (Globalink and L&H, San Diego 1998-2000).
Independent and original research in the new fields of literary computing and structural relationships between literature and music for Ph.D. thesis. Publication of papers, talks and posters at conferences in Germany and the USA.
TRANSLATION & WRITING
- Native speaker of German. Fluent in English, Spanish and French. Knowledge of Russian, Latin and Greek. Research papers in German, English and French.
- Translation of technical and historical documents and German News.
- Newspaper articles (Ehingen 1984-1986, Würzburg 1985-1986); radio documentations and features for Südwestfunk Baden-Baden (1987).
- Business correspondence for Antiquariat Hermann Beisler (Munich 1988-1990).