Nursing is sacred! Our daily work requires that we come alongside others, often in times of despair, hurt, joy, or laughter. The vocation of nursing provides place and space to be servant leaders, traveling in the sacred places. Florence Nightingale said that it is a privilege to serve one whom Jesus loves! Celebrate this privilege!
- Ph.D., Nursing, University of San Diego
- M.S., Nursing, Lewis University
- B.S., Nursing, Mid-America Nazarene University
- Caring Faithfully – NSG 150
- Adult Health III – NSG 340/341
- Capstone – NSG 480
Experience in Field
- Staff Nurse, Adult Acute Care, 1982 – 1999
- Nurse Educator, 1996 – present
Professional and Community Involvement
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Budget Committee, 2015 – 2017
- California Association of Colleges of Nursing (CACN), 2006 – present
- CACN Executive Board, Member-At-Large, 2013 – 2015
- CCNE Site Evaluator, 2010 – present
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Furseth, P., Taylor, B., & Kim, S. (2016). Impact of interprofessional education among nursing and paramedic students, Nurse Educator, 41(2), pp. 75-79.
- Lehman, S., Rogers, S., Taylor, B., Almonte, A., Wasson, R. (March 27, 2015). Preparing Future Professionals for Success in a Technology Driven World. Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) Diversity, Learning and Student Success Regional Conference, San Diego, CA.
- S. Kim, D. Oliveri, M. Riingen, B. Taylor & L. Rankin. (2013). Randomized Controlled Trial of Graduate-To-Undergraduate Student Mentoring Program, Journal of Professional Nursing, 29(6), e43-349.
- S. Hnizdo, R. Archuleta, B. Taylor & S. Kim. (2013). Validity and Reliability of the Modified John Hopkins Fall Risk Assessment Tool for Elderly Patients in Home Health Care, Geriatric Nursing, 34, 423-427.
- 2009, Exploring the influence of John Wesley on Florence Nightingale-sabbatical
- 2009, Nurses Christian Fellowship Summit, Panel presentation,“Attitudes, Behaviors, and Skills for Christian Nurse Educators”, Dallas, TX
- 2008, Innovations in Faith-based Nursing Education Conference, podium presentation, “Describing Creativity Fostering Behaviors, Intrinsic Motivation, and Teaching/Learning Goals for the Nurse Educator”, Indiana Wesleyan University"
- Odyssey 2008 Conference, STTI, Southern CA Chapters. “A Call to Promote Knowledge, Leadership and Service”. Presentation, “The Transition to a BSN Program at a School of Nursing in India”