Dr. Boe Bae joined PLNU in 2018 as the program director of the BA in organizational leadership, and in 2019 she also became the program director of the MA of organizational leadership. In 2021, Dr. Bae joined the Fermanian School of Business (FSB) as an associate professor of leadership, and continued serving as the program director of both leadership programs, now part of the FSB. Before joining PLNU, she was an adjunct instructor at the University of San Diego where she taught various leadership courses from 2015 to 2018. From 2006 to 2014 she held several administrative roles at various universities including: Arizona State University and University of Washington- Tacoma.
- PhD., Leadership Studies, University of San Diego
- MA., Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education, Ball State University
- BA., Psychology, Wheaton College
- Leadership Theory & Practice - BLD 4012
- Cultural Influences and Diversity in the Workplace - BLD 4020
- Leading Teams in Organizations - BLD 4044
- Practice of Leadership - LDR 6020
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Associate Professor of Leadership, 2021 - present
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Program Director, Organizational Leadership, 2018 - present
- University of San Diego, Instructor, Leadership Studies Minor, 2015 - 2018
- University of San Diego, Graduate Assistant - Office of Admissions and Outreach, 2014 - 2015
- Arizona State University, Academic Success Coordinator - Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, 2012 - 2014
- University of Washington Tacoma, Student Leadership Specialist - Office of Student Involvement, 2008 - 2011
- Willamette University, Student Affairs Coordinator - Atkinson Graduate School of Management, 2006 - 2008
Professional and Community Involvement
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET), 2018 - present
Member of the American Education Research Association (AERA), 2017
Member of the Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE), 2017
Member of the International Leadership Association (ILA), 2015
Awards and Honors
William P. Foster Outstanding Dissertation Award Nominee, 2018
SOLES Dr. Joseph Rost Endowed Scholarship, 2017 - 2018
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
Dissertation on researching critical reflection on the stimulation and enhancement of curiosity in the college classroom, 2018.
- Leadership for Change: The Real Work of Leadership and Leading From Your Edge. Co-presented at the 2017 National Catholic Development Conference.
- Leadership Tools for Conscious, Inclusive Decision Making. Co-presented at the 2017 WorldLink’s 20th Annual Youth Town Meeting.
- Advisors as Recruiters. Presented at the 2014 Council of Academic Advisors (CAA) Best Practices.
Creative Advising for Arts and Design Students. Presented at the 2013 Global Community for Academic Advising (NACADA) Regional conference.
Best Practices on Creative Advising for Arts and Design Students. Presented at the 2013 Council of Academic Advisors (CAA) Best Practices.