Dr. Bo Bae earned her Ph.D. in Leadership Studies, with a specialization in Higher Education Leadership, at the University of San Diego. She received her B.A. in Psychology from Wheaton College and her M.A. in Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education at Ball State University. Dr. Bae has had the opportunity to spend more than 15 years teaching and advising students, training adjunct faculty, developing curriculum, implementing leadership training and workshops, and assessing program effectiveness and sustainability. She is passionate about higher education and teaching college students.
Her research interests include the exploration of critical reflection in the stimulation of curiosity in the college classroom and the development of student social identity. Dr. Bae feels most alive when she is connecting with people about their faith, passions, interests, and upbringing. She loves to travel and finds much joy in baking and finding local coffee shops that have excellent coffee and tea.
- B.A., Wheaton College
- M.A., Ball State University
- Ph.D., University of San Diego
LEAD 150: Emerging Leaders
LEAD 160: Personal Leadership, Self-Inquiry and Discovery
LEAD 179: President's Leadership Class
LEAD 350: Leadership in Group Development
LEAD 351: Leadership Capstone
LEAD 357: Leadership and the Practice of Presence
LEAD 569: Making Meaning and the Collegiate Experience
LEAD 547: Action Research
MRD 301: Personal Leadership Development
MRD 424: Capstone Research: Presentation and Reporting
SCL 4001: Cultural Influences in the Workplace
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- In Pursuit of Transformative Learning: Exploring the Stimulation of Curiosity Through Critical Reflection in the College Classroom
- Co-Teaching Leadership: Emotion, Collaboration, and Personal Growth Edges. Co-presented at the 22nd annual global International Leadership Association - Leading at the Edge 2020 conference.
- Leadership for Change: The Real Work of Leadership and Leading From Your Edge. Co-presented at the 2017 National Catholic Development Conference.
- Leadership Tools for Conscious, Inclusive Decision Making. Co-presented at the 2017 WorldLink's 20th Annual Youth Town Meeting.