- D.B.A., University of Phoenix
- MBA, National University
- B.A., Communications, Christian Heritage College
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Adjunct Professor of Business, 2018-Present
- Synergy Learning Institute, President and Creator, 2012-Present
- JD Consulting Solutions LLC, Chief Executive Officer, 2006-Present
- Julie's Party People, Chief Executive Officer, 2002-Present
- Ransom, Owner and Founder, 2000-2001
- NCompass Systems Inc., Director of Marketing, 1999-2000
- Christian Heritage College, Assistant Marketing and Research Director, 1997-1999
Professional and Community Involvement
- Chancellor over the San Diego Women Veterans Network, 2017-Present
- Committee Member for Doctoral Students, Capella, Walden, Argosy, and Grand Canyon University, 2009-Present
- Member of the American Association of University Women (AAUW), 2009-Present
- Member of the National Women's Study Association (NWSA), 2009-Present
- Marketing Committee Chair, NAHE Memberships, 2011-2012
- WASC Accreditation Committee Member, 2008-2009
- ACBSP Accreditation Committee Member, 2008-2009
Awards and Honors
- Best Book Award, Refractive Thinker Volume XV, 2018
- Top Leadership Books Written by Women, Inc. Magazine, 2018
- Best Paper, IBAM, 2013
- Best Book Award, Refractive Thinker Volume VII Social Responsibility, 2012
- Best Book Award, Refractive Thinker Volume IX, 2013-2015
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
Ducharme J. Lentz C., Walker K., (2018). The Refractive Thinker®: Nonprofit Transition Strategies: Vol XV Combat Boots to Heels. Las Vegas, The Refractive Thinker Press.
Ducharme J., Walker K., (2016). Leading by my ponytail: Why can’t I wear pink and be president? La Vergne, TN: Ingram.
Blando-Fisher J., Fleming-Ferrell L., Grant G., Ducharme J., (2015) The Refractive Thinker®: Vol IX Effective Business Practices in Leadership and Emerging Technologies: Las Vegas, The Refractive Thinker Press.
Ducharme J. (2015). Perceptions of career advancement of women in leadership positions. Women breaking the academic glass ceiling. Germany: Lambert Academic Publishing.
Lentz C., Ducharme J. (2014). Creating successful online courses with emerging technologies. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies in Communication, 9 (1), pp.1-8.
Ducharme J., Lentz C., Vander Lugt, T. (2013). Creating successful online courses with Emerging technologies. Presented at Institute of behavior and applied management IBAM. Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Ducharme, J., Embry, S. (2012). The Refractive Thinker: Anthology of Higher Learning: Social Responsibility (pp. 111-134). (Vol. VII). Las Vegas, The Refractive Thinker Press.
Ducharme J. (2011, November). Teach Children About Finances. Parents Guide, 40.