Dr. Doyle is a dedicated higher education professional with nearly 20 years of rich experiences teaching and working for institutions in San Diego (PLNU), South Dakota (USD), and Beijing, China.His areas of study/teaching include International Education, English Writing, and Cultural Communication. He and his family have lived in San Diego for five years, and they enjoy spending time at the beach looking for sea glass, traveling to new countries, and binging shows on Netflix. Dr. Doyle’s favorite quote is, “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom” (Viktor Frankl), and he uses it as his guiding principle for both teaching and learning.
- Ed.D., Educational Administration, University of South Dakota
- M.A., Contemporary Media & Journalism, University of South Dakota
- B.S., English and Mass Communications, University of South Dakota
- WRT300: Professional Writing for Nursing
- WRT301: Writing for Child Dev. Professionals
- MRD300: Business & Professional Writing
- SOL605: Managing Conflict & Change
- SOL631: Graduating Writing & Research
- SOL641: Leadership Portfolio Development
- SCL302: Group & Organizational Behavior
- SCL401: Cultural Influences in the Workplace
- SCJ395: Research Methods for Criminal Justice
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Director of Writing, 2017 – Present
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Adjunct Faculty, 2017 – Present
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Assistant Director of the Office of Global Studies, 2016-2017
- University of South Dakota, Tutoring Coordinator and Academic Advisor, 2008 – 2016
- Wall Street English (Beijing, China), English Teacher, 2003 - 2008
Professional and Community Involvement
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators, Member
- National Academic Advising Association, Member
- CAHEA: Christian Adult Higher Education Association
- CAEL: Council for Adult and Experiential Learning
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Doyle, K. (2019). A better way to grade: A conversation about specs grading. Presentation at Christian Adult Higher Education Association National Conference, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Doyle, K. & Peterson, S. (2014, May). Using YouTube to prepare incoming students for academic success. Presentation at National Academic Advising Association Regional Conference, Des Moines, Iowa.
- Doyle, K. (2013). Faculty internationalization: Experiences, attitudes, and involvement of faculty at public universities in South Dakota (Doctoral dissertation). University of South Dakota.
- Doyle, K. (2003, December). Honking in China. 汽车族 (Motortrend, Chinese Edition).