In 2013 I arrived in the United States of America and was blessed to find a position at Point Loma Nazarene University as a French Language professor. I was born and raised in Naples, Italy, but I spent many years in France because I also have French origins. I have dedicated my life to education. I obtained my Master’s Degree and Bachelor’s Degree in Literature and Foreign Languages at the Universita' degli Studi L’Orientale of Naples. I also earned a degree (French “Licence” in languages) at the University of Rennes II in Brittany. I completed my Master’s Degree in Secondary Education specializing in teaching Literature and Foreign Languages. My Master’s Internship Project, Le Français Dans Le Monde, concentrated on French speaking countries, in particular Algeria and on the condition of its women.
I am a credentialed language teacher in Italy and in Europe with over 18 years of hands-on teaching experience in international environments, and I love what I do. I have been recently certified by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to instruct French and Italian as foreign languages.
I currently teach French at PLNU and Italian at the Italian Academy of San Diego. I also taught Spanish for two consecutive summers at PLNU in Costa Rica with the Spanish study abroad program.
I enjoy reading, painting on glass, watching movies and doing outdoor activities. We also have a French club for our French program. I hope you can take part in our French movie nights and enjoy some snacks and French culture with me.
- M.A., Education, Istituto Universitario Orientale of Naples, Italy
- M.A., Literature and Foreign Languages, Istituto Universitario Orientale of Naples, Italy
- B.A., Italian and Spanish, Université de Rennes II L.E.A. (Langues Étrangères Appliquées), France
- ISL (Italian as a second language), Universita' of Siena, Tuscany, Italy
- Citizenship Examiner, LA Consulate (Administer Citizenship exams for future Italian-Americans), Italian Academy of San Diego
- French Degree /“Licence” in languages, via a studying abroad program
- Diploma of Language and French Methodology
- California Single subject Teaching Credential: Foreign Languages: French and Italian
- CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning): teaching other subjects in English, British Council - University of Cambridge
- TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test Modules 1, 2 and 3): teaching English to teenagers and adults, British Council - University of Cambridge
- FCE (First Certificate English): Common European Framework level B2+, British Council - University of Cambridge
- Elementary French I - FRE 1001
- Elementary French II - FRE 1002
- Intermediate French I - FRE 2050
- Intermediate French II - FRE 2051
- French Conversation - FRE 3003
- Survey of French Literature - FRE 3020
- Francophone Literature - FRE 3025
- Studies in French Literature - FRE 4020
- Elementary Spanish I - SPA 1001
- Elementary Spanish II - SPA 1002
Experience in Field
- Adjunct Professor of French, Grossmont College, El Cajon, CA
- Italian Language Teacher, Italian Academy of San Diego, CA
- Spanish Language Professor, PLNU Study Abroad program to Costa Rica
- Foreign Languages Teacher, International School of Lago Patria, Naples, Italy
- Language Teacher, Anglo-Italian School Montessori Division, NATO Base Bagnoli, Naples, Italy
- Language Teacher, Ker-Huel (Studies Center), Rennes, France
- International Literary Forum, Voices for Young Europe, Fondazione Maria e Goffredo Bellonci via F.lli Ruspoli, 2 Rome, Italy
- How the Lights Gets In (2003) and Carry Me Down (2006), Mary J. Hyland, translated from English to Italian.
- Dialogue des limbes (2000) and Comme une promesse (2004), Tom Reisen, translated from French to English, and from French to Italian.
- Tre sistemi per sbarazzarsi di Tolstoj (2001) and L’Occidente per principianti (2004), Nicola Lagioia, from Italian to English.
- Italian: native language (oral and written)
- French: native language (oral and written)
- Spanish: fluent (oral and written)
- English: fluent (oral and written)
- ACTFL (American Council on Teaching Foreign Languages); attendance sponsored by the Italian Academy of San Diego, San Diego Conference Center, 2015.
- “Continuing Education”: PYP (Primary Year Program) and MYP (Middle Year Program) for IBO (International Baccalaureate) schools, International School of Lago Patria, Naples, Italy, 2010-2012.
- YLE (Teaching English to Young Learners), KET and PET (Teaching English to teenagers and adults), and Interactive Listening (from two-to-three-dimensional activity), British Council - University of Cambridge, 2010.
- “The Language, the Child, and the Montessori Method," Opera Nazionale Montessori – via San Galliano, Rome, Italy, 2003.
Professional and Community Involvement
Advisor for PLNU French Club