- D.B.A., Accounting, Anderson University
- M.B.A., Boise State University
- B.S., Accounting, George Fox University
- B.A., Spanish Language, George Fox University
- Accounting for Decision Making - BUS 615
Experience in Field
- George Fox University, Undergraduate Chair of Business and Economics, 2017-Present
- George Fox University, Associate Professor of Accounting, 2007-Present
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Adjunct Professor of Accounting, 2017-Present
- Idaho Power, Accountant II, 2006-2007
- Albertsons, Inc., Accounting Supervisor, 2003-2006
- KPMG, L.L.P., Senior Auditor, 2003
- The River Church Community, Director of Finance and Human Resources, 2002-2003
- Arthur Andersen, L.L.P., Senior Auditor, 1999-2002
Awards and Honors
- Best Paper - Pedagogy, Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference, 2013
- Medal of Achievement, Portland Police Bureau, 2013
- Outstanding Academic Achievement Award, George Fox University, 1999
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Peach, N., Sauerwein, J. & Sikkema, S. (2017). Virtues and Exchange: A Biblical Reframing of Adam Smith’s Vision of Marketplace Ethics. Journal of Biblical Integration in Business, Vol. 20, #1, pp. 46-57.
- Sikkema, S. (2017, October). Is self-interest dominating the thoughts of our students? Presentation at The Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference, San Diego, California.
- Sikkema, S. & Sauerwein J. (2015). Exploring culture-specific learning styles in accounting education. Journal of International Education in Business, Vol. 8 Iss: 2, pp.78-91.
- Sikkema, S. (2015, October) Professional skepticism of students: A descriptive study of differences in trait skepticism and personal values. Presentation at The Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Sikkema, S. (2015, October) Techniques for Restoring a Holistic Business Education. Presentation at The Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Sikkema, S. (2015, October) The Lost Virtues of Adam Smith: Rediscovering the Importance of Holistic Business Education. Presentation at Calvin College Kuyers Institute’s “Faith and Teaching: Virtue, Practice, Imagination” Conference, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Sikkema, S., & Sauerwein, J. (2013). The intersection of culture and learning in accounting education: Findings and implications. American Accounting Association Western Region Conference: Proceedings (2013).
- Sikkema, S. (2013, October) Justice for fraud victims project: An accounting education innovation.Presentation at The Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference, Bourbonnais, Illinois.
- Sikkema, S. (2012). The harmonization of accounting standards. ACBSP Annual Edition, Vol. 3.
- Halley, R., Rahschulte, T., VandenHoek, J., & Sikkema, S. (2012). Addressing today’s talent gap: An inductive investigation into balancing the demand and supply of 21st century workforce talent. Advances in Business Research, Vol. 3, No 1, pp. 99-106.