This 15-unit certification will prepare you to design and manage professional development in the workplace.
You will develop an understanding of adult learning theory, effective instructional design, and leadership for organizational success in both face-to-face and online venues. This program is designed for professionals new to the teaching and learning environment and leadership role.
It can be taken on its own or as part of a Master of Arts in Education with a specialization in leadership in learning.
What does an instructional designer do?
The instructional design competencies identified by the IBSPI (International Board of Standards for Training, Performance, and Instruction) will give you a sense of what instructional designers might do. Not every instructional designer performs all of these tasks, as some are for those who are more advanced in their careers.
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form
- Apply current research and theory to the practice of instructional design
- Update and improve one’s knowledge, skills and attitudes pertaining to instructional design and related fields
- Apply fundamental research skills to instructional design projects
- Identify and resolve ethical and legal implications of design in the workplace
You want to empower people in your workplace. We want to empower you. Our shared passion for helping adults progress in their knowledge and skills makes PLNU the place for you to establish or advance in leading professional development in your workplace.