How to Apply for Financial Aid
Review PLNU’s financial aid important dates and deadlines as some types of aid may require you to apply to PLNU and file the FAFSA by a certain date.
Financial aid doesn't have to be confusing. Do not hesitate to contact us with your questions.
Complete your FAFSA online at fafsa.gov by March 2 to be eligible for the most state, federal, and institutional aid available. Although March 2 is our priority deadline, students can file a FAFSA anytime during the academic year.
- PLNU’s federal code is 001262.
- Undocumented students should complete the California Dream Act Application.
- Use your legal name on all documents.
- Institutional academic scholarships do not require a FAFSA to be filed.
- We highly recommend all students file a FAFSA.
If you are a California resident, submit your GPA Verification Form (required for Cal Grant).
- Check with your high school, as most schools can send your GPA information electronically.
- The GPA Verification Form must be submitted by March 2.
- You do not need to complete this form if you received a Cal Grant last year.
Estimated Financial Aid Award Letters are sent out in mid-March. The Estimated Award Letter includes PLNU's Cost of Attendance as well as the estimated awards for the coming year. Incoming students will receive their first award letter via mail; all other students will receive award letter via email.
- If you feel the Estimated Award Letter is missing awards, please contact the Student Financial Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help!
- Your Estimated Award Letter is subject to change if your FAFSA was incomplete or incorrect; school housing, attendance, or enrollment status changes; or we are notified you are receiving awards not accounted for previously.
- Read about our ADC Financial Aid Terms & Conditions.
- Read about our SAP Policy.
Review your account and complete any additional paperwork that is requested by the Student Financial Services office. Be sure to check your PLNU email, as most communication will be via your PLNU email address.
- Those who were selected for verification must turn in all needed documents by the due date indicated on your Missing Information Letter.
- PLNU offers payment plans for those who would like to use one.
- To discover your eligibility for financial aid and estimate possible out-of-pocket expenses, use the Net Price Calculator. We hope you will see that an education at PLNU is affordable and worth the investment.