The Writers’ Studio, located in the Bond Academic Center, is a vibrant writing community where trained writing consultants work one-on-one with student writers in college composition courses.
The Writers' Studio provides an opportunity for you to work individually with trained writing consultants. These trained consultants work alongside student writers to meet them at their point of need and at all stages of the writing process. You might work with a consultant to explore topic ideas, discuss and compose a main claim, find support for the main claim, or develop and reorganize the content of a process draft. While the conversation in the session is about the written assignment, the focus is also on you. The pen remains in your hand, and our consultants ask questions to lead you into an understanding of what you know but have not yet included in your draft. Our consultants affirm what you have done well and assess what is still needed, enabling you to become a more confident, skilled, and self-sufficient writer and thinker.
Professor Charlene Pate is the director of the Writers' Studio.
Writers' Studio Helpful Links
- Purdue University's "OWL" Online Writing Lab covers a wide variety of topics, including general writing, professional writing, ESL writing, parts of speech, sentence construction, punctuation, spelling, and writing in the job search.
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant is valuable for the essay writer from the beginning to the end of the process.
- University of Ottawa's Writing Center
- ESL Cafe is an excellent site for ESL (English as a Second Language) students and teachers.
- Grammar Bytes! Grammar with an attitude!