Point Loma Nazarene University's School of Education offers teaching credentials, professional certificates, and graduate degrees in education programs in San Diego, Bakersfield, and the Inland Empire.
- M.A. Education - PLNU offers three M.A. degrees: Teaching and Learning prepares current teachers and non-classroom teaching professionals to work effectively with students in the classroom and adults in diverse settings; Counseling and Guidance prepares individuals to become elementary, middle and high school counselors; and Educational Leadership is ideal for aspiring administrators.
- M.A. Teaching - The School of Education offers a specially designed M.A. in Teaching (MAT) degree that includes one of the four preliminary teaching credentials approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. The Single Subject Credential is designed for candidates seeking to teach at the junior high, middle school or high school level serving grades 7-12; Multiple Subject Credential is designed for candidates seeking to teach at the elementary grade levels or in K-12 self-contained, general education classrooms. Education Specialist Credentials prepare you to teach in a K-12 special education classroom. You can specialize in working with students with mild-moderate and/or moderate-severe disabilities.
- M.A. Special Education - This graduate degree includes the Clear Credential and students choose one of five Added Authorizations in Autism, Other Health Impaired, Traumatic Brain Injury, Early Childhood Special Curriculum, or Emotional/Behavioral Disorders.
- Certificates - You can earn certification for roles in both business and industry settings or in K-12 classroom settings in 1) On-Line Teaching and Learning, 2) Management of Instructional Design, 3) Diverse and Cross Cultural Enviroments, 4) Teacher Leadership, 5) Clear Teaching Credential, or 6) Added Authorization in Reading and Literacy. Each certificate is part of the Master's degree in Education, concentration in Teaching and Learning (MATL) or can be taken as stand-alone coursework.
- Service Credentials - The Pupil Personnel Service Credential - specializing in school counseling - prepares you to work as a school counselor in K-12 public schools, providing comprehensive guidance and counseling services to students. The Preliminary Administrative Service Credential prepares you for entry-level and upper administrative positions in your district. The Clear Administrative Service Credential is issued to an administrator with over two years experience.
BTSA - Beginning Teacher and Support Assessment
School of Education
Visit the School of Education to learn more about our programs.