Master of Arts in Education
- Program Units
- Average Completion Time
- 18-24 months
- Cost Per Unit
- Program Delivery Format
- One night a week per class, 4:30-9:00pm; classroom 8-week-long courses
- CTC, NCATE, WASC
- Bakersfield Regional Center
- San Diego (Mission Valley) Regional Center
- Inland Empire (Corona) Regional Center
High-quality classroom instruction and hands-on practical experience will enrich your learning and prepare you to advance in your career. Education professionals in PLNU partner districts may be able to apply BTSA work toward their master’s degree. For more information, visit the School of Education's website.
Admissions Requirements for MA Education Program:
Please go to the Application Process page for all application requirements.
Program Specific Requirements:
These are the additional requirements for your specific program that will need to be submitted along with the general admissions materials, by the designated priority application dates.
- Basic Skills Requirement: This can be demonstrated by taking the CBEST exam OR Multiple Subject CSET plus writing skills examination OR passage of the CSU Early Assessment Program or the CSU Placement Examination OR Proof of a Valid CA Teaching Credential.
Other Program Requirements Upon Acceptance:
(Talk with your program coordinator for specific deadlines).
Note: The following are additional requirements for candidates also pursuing a credential embedded in an M.A. program:
- CTC Certificate of Clearance or other CTC credential.
- Evidence of prerequisite credential (excluding PPS credential program).