New Student Orientation
Welcome to Point Loma Nazarene University
When you drive onto campus Friday, August 30, you will be coming as a PLNU student. This is the beginning of a whole new chapter of your life. The days ahead will challenge you to learn and grow beyond what you can now imagine.
You are joining a community that is deeply committed to your success. As a university, we value your intellectual growth. You will also discover multiple opportunities to grow spiritually - in relationships and roles of leadership - and there will definitely be plenty of opportunities to have fun. You will be challenged here, and we commit to support your growth as a whole person.
The PLNU experience is not for everyone. We have found that you are most likely to be successful when you:
- Understand and embrace our mission, which we summarize as "To Teach, To Shape, and To Send".
- Understand and embrace the values which govern relationships within our community. For more information, you can click on here for the Student Handbook.
- Bring a parent or significant adult and participate in New Student Orientation.
- Attend class and complete assignments consistently.
- Commit to at least one consistent activity outside the classroom, such as a student ministry or club.
- Keep the goal of graduation always in sight.
Your personal to-do list for the summer includes: keep the New Student Orientation Guide handy and refer to it often, register for New Student Orientation, and take the StrengthsQuest assessment. Once you complete these important items, you will be ready to join other Sea Lions at New Student Orientation, August 30-31, 2013. (Labor Day Weekend)
I eagerly anticipate your arrival.
Point Loma Nazarene University's Missions Statement
TEACH - SHAPE - SEND
Point Loma Nazarene University exists to provide higher education in a vital Christian community where minds are engaged and challenged, character is modeled and formed, and service becomes an expression of faith. Being of Wesleyan heritage, we aspire to be a learning community where grace is foundational, truth is pursued, and holiness is a way of life.