New Student Orientation
The Fall NSO Schedule is under construction and will be posted soon!
The dates are AUGUST 29-31, 2014!
Welcome to Point Loma Nazarene University
When you drive onto campus Friday, August 29, you will be coming as a PLNU student. This is the beginning of a whole new chapter of your life. The days ahead will challenge you to learn and grow beyond what you can now imagine.
You are joining a community that is deeply committed to your success. As a university, we value your intellectual growth. You will also discover multiple opportunities to grow spiritually - in relationships and roles of leadership - and there will definitely be plenty of opportunities to have fun. You will be challenged here, and we commit to support your growth as a whole person.
The PLNU experience is not for everyone. We have found that you are most likely to be successful when you:
- Understand and embrace our mission, which we summarize as "To Teach, To Shape, and To Send".
- Understand and embrace the values which govern relationships within our community. For more information, you can click on here for the Student Handbook.
- If you would like, bring a parent or significant adult and participate in New Student Orientation.
- Attend class and complete assignments consistently.
- Commit to at least one consistent activity outside the classroom, such as a student ministry or club.
- Keep the goal of graduation always in sight.
I eagerly anticipate your arrival.
Point Loma Nazarene University's Missions Statement
TEACH - SHAPE - SEND
Point Loma Nazarene University exists to provide higher education in a vital Christian community where minds are engaged and challenged, character is modeled and formed, and service becomes an expression of faith. Being of Wesleyan heritage, we aspire to be a learning community where grace is foundational, truth is pursued, and holiness is a way of life.