Important "To Do's" & Summer Assignments
Important To- Do's
- Ways to register parents/guests for NSO by August 19:
- Make travel and hotel arrangements for guests and family members in San Diego during NSO
- Download the NSO Guidebook App to stay up to date on the NSO schedule and important NSO information.
- Register for transportation if desired:
+ Zipcar membership at zipcar.com/plnu
+ MTS shuttle services requires contact with the Disability Resource Center
- Sign-up for Freshman Retreat by clicking here or you can download the Freshman Retreat Form by clicking here and fax it to (619) 849-7025
- Check out StrengthsQuest and complete your StrengthsQuest assessment between July 1 - August 1 at my.pointloma.edu
- Set up your Portal
- All new and readmitted students: go to the Student Success and Wellness Healthy Services Portal to COMPLETE health and immunization history and SUBMIT immunization records, TB verification and physical exam forms by July 1st. https://patient-pointloma.medicatconnect.com/
- Register LiveText account on your Portal
Important Summer Assignments
The Student Portal
Access Your Personal University Information
The PLNU website is designed to serve as your personalized entry point, or “portal,” to get information and conduct business with the university. You will find valuable information here prior to attending orientation, so check your portal frequently.
Be sure to check your student portal throughout the summer for:
- The status of your financial aid package
- Your billing statement (after July 1)
- Housing and roommate information (after July 1)
- On-campus and off-campus jobs
- StrengthsQuest (get your personal code so you can take the assess. tool prior to orientation, after July 1)
- Your assigned move-in time for Friday, August 26, 2016 (after July 1)
- Math Placement Test dates and instructions
Math Placement Test
All new students are required to take a one hour online mathematics test, prior to attending fall 2016 classes. [The only exception: students who have passed the AP Calculus AB exam or BC exam with a score of 3, 4, or 5 and have sent the score to PLNU before August 1, 2016]
The PLNU Math Placement Test is offered online (August 9-11, 2016). The week of July 18, you will receive an email with instructions for registering for the online test. You must complete the registration by July 28 midnight, in order to take the test online.
If a new student does not take the Math Placement Test in early August, he or she will take it Monday morning, August 29, prior to classes starting on Tuesday, August 30. A change in class schedule (and therefore textbooks) may occur based on a student’s score on the test.
It is strongly advised that students take this test in August.
*Students with accommodations, due to a documented disability, are encouraged to contact the Disability Resource Center at DRC@pointloma.edu to set up an appointment prior to Monday, August 29.
Strengths on Point OSV
You are joining a community of students, professors and staff who are committed to focusing on what’s right—your Strengths! Your Strengths make you uniquely talented, and these Strengths apply to relationships and academics, so you can succeed here.
How do I take it?
After July 1 but prior to your arrival to PLNU, you (not your parents) will take the StrengthsQuest assessment. You are assigned a personal code, which can be found in your student portal, that allows you access to take this assessment. At this point, you will need to have your portal set up already (my.pointloma.edu). You can find your code under the “Profile Info” tab and then scroll down to StrengthsQuest. If you need help setting up your portal or finding your individualized StrengthsQuest code, please call the Help Center at (619) 849-2222.
Learn more about your strengths at StrengthsQuest Programming
After taking the assessment, you will receive a customized report listing your Top Five Strengths and suggestions on how to productively apply these to your life. This report will help you gain insight on how you can use your strengths to be personally and academically successful as a student at PLNU.
Be sure to take your Gallup StrengthsQuest assessment by August 1 to make the most of your group Strengths Session on Saturday morning of NSO. You can also schedule an individual session with your personal Career Coach to follow up. We look forward to meeting you to learn about the unique Strengths you bring to PLNU! To learn more, visit www.pointloma.edu/strengths.
New Student Orientation Guidebook App
Check out our NSO App and stay connected with the latest schedule updates, maps, and session information.
Click here to download the App.