Parent Check List & Important Information
Register for NSO by:
clicking here for Parent/Guest online registration
print out registration form and fax it to 619-849-7025 or
print out registration form mail it to PLNU - NSO 3900 Lomland Dr., San Diego, CA 92106
Make Travel & Hotel Arrangements
- Make travel and hotel arrangements early in San Diego for NSO (Reminder: this is Labor Day weekend and hotels fill up quickly in San Diego). PLNU's preferred hotels provide a discounted rate to PLNU family and friends and also return 10 percent of their profits back to PLNU's University Fund for student scholarships. Make reservations early as this is Labor Day weekend and hotel rates are based on availability and subject to a room tax. To guarantee a special rate, each guest must ask for the Point Loma Nazarene University rate at the time the reservation is made. Some black-out dates may apply. Some hotels offer free parking and others require a self-parking fee. Please inquire at the time of reservation if this fee is applicable. All rates are guaranteed until December 31, 2014. For more information about our preferred hotels, visit www.pointloma.edu/hotels.
Create the PLNU Parent Portal
- To set up a parent portal account, have your student log into his or her my.pointloma.edu account. Under the "Students" tab, have your student click on "Update Information Releases," which is under "Profile Update." In this setting, your student should be able to see your name under the "Financial Info" section followed by a six digit number (it should look like this "[xxxxxx-Parent]"). That number is your parent ID. Copy that number down.
- Then, on the my.pointloma.edu main page (without being logged in), click "Create Account." Follow the directions, filling in the appropriate blanks. Be sure to use your parent ID as the ID number. When you finish, you will have a parent account with which you can log in. When logged in as a parent, you should be able to see a "Parents" button where you can access financial information.
- If you have any questions or need additional assistance in setting up your portal, contact the PLNU Help Desk at 619-849-2222.
Remind Your Student to Take StregthsQuest
- Follow up and remind your student to take their StrengthsQuest assessment before arriving at PLNU at my.pointloma.edu.
Remind Your Student to Take the Math Placement Exam
- Remind your student to take the Math Placement Exam, offered online August 12-14, 2014.
Register for Zipcar
- Remind your student to register for Zipcar membership since freshman may not bring cars to campus.
Take Care of Health Insurance
- All undergraduate students are automatically charged for health insurance unless the student completes the online insurance waiver process via the student portal prior to classes starting on Wednesday, September 3, 2014. To waive health insurance, students log into the portal, click "Students," then under the "Financial Services" header click "Update Health Insurance." Follow the prompts to accept to decline PLNU's health insurance.
Information on Family Weekend (Fall 2014)
We will offer many opportunities to see your son or daughter in the university environment. We schedule time for you to attend classes and chapel with your student, as well as time to meet the university president and other parents. We hope you can join us for this fun weekend! More information will be coming soon.
The Parent Council is a group of experienced PLNU parents who desire to serve and build relationships with you. The council works yearlong to offer events, programs, and services that keep you connected with your student, university life, and with other PLNU parents. Parent Council members look forward to meeting you during the New Student Orientation.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Office of University Advancement at (619) 849-256 or email email@example.com Look for details and registration. information for Family Weekend in the mail in early fall.