Parents To Do's & Important Information
So Much To Do
- If you would like to download the electronic version of the NSO Guide please click here.
- Register online for NSO online by clicking here. You can also call the NSO Assistant at (619) 849-2644 or download the NSO Parent Registration Form and fax it to (619) 849-7025.
- Make travel and hotel arrangements for parents and family members in San Diego during NSO.
- Follow up and remind your student to take their StrengthsQuest assessment before arriving at PLNU at my.pointloma.edu .
- Create the PLNU Parent Portal
- Remind your student to take the Math Placement Exam, offered online August 13-15, 2013.
- Remind your student to register for Zipcar membership since freshman may not bring cars to campus.
All undergraduate students are automatically charged for health insurance unless the student completes the online insurance waiver process via the student portal. The fall 2013 semester deadline for waiving the university healthy insurance is September 20, 2013.
PLNU's preferred hotels provide a discounted rate to PLNU family and friends and also return 10 percent of their profits back to PLNU's University Fund for student scholarships. Make reservations early as hotel rates are based on availability and subject to a room tax. To guarantee a special rate, each guest must ask for the Point Loma Nazarene University rate at the time the reservation is made. Some black-out dates may apply. Some hotels offer free parking and others require a "self-parking" fee. Please inquire at the time of reservation if this fee is applicable. All rates are guaranteed until December 31, 2013. For more information about our preferred hotels, visit www.pointloma.edu/Hotels.
Family Weekend (Fall 2013)
We will offer many opportunities to see your son or daughter in the university environment. We schedule time for you to attend classes and chapel with your student, as well as time to meet the university president and other parents. We hope you can join us for this fun weekend! More information will be coming soon.
The Parent Council is a group of experienced PLNU parents who desire to serve and build relationships with you. The council works yearlong to offer events, programs, and services that keep you connected with your student, university life, and with other PLNU parents. Parent Council members look forward to meeting you during the New Student Orientation.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Office of University Advancement at (619) 849-256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Look for details and registration information for Family Weekend in the mail in early fall.