The Portal Instructions
Getting Familiar With The Portal For Students and Parents
The Student Portal
Access Your Personal University Information
The PLNU website is designed to serve as your personalized entry point, or "portal," to get information and conduct business with the university.
You will find valuable information here prior to attending orientation, so check your portal weekly.
Be sure to check throughout the summer for:
- The status of your financial aid package
- Your billing statement (after July 1)
- Housing and roommate information (after July 1)
- On-campus and off-campus jobs
- StrengthsQuest (get your personal code so you can take the assessment tool prior to orientation)
- Your assigned move-in time on Friday, August 30, 2013 (after July 1)
- Math Placement Exam dates and instructions click here
The Parent Portal
- To set up a parent portal account, have your student log into his or her my.pointloma.edu account. Under the "Students" tab, have your student click on "Update Information Releases," which is under "Profile Update." In this setting, your student should be able to see your name under the "Financial Info" section followed by a six digit number (it should look like this "[xxxxxx-Parent]"). That number is your parent ID. Copy that number down.
- Then, on the my.pointloma.edu main page (without being logged in), click "Create Account." Follow the directions, filling in the appropriate blanks. Be sure to use your parent ID as the ID number. When you finish, you will have a parent account with which you can log in. When logged in as a parent, you should be able to see a "Parents" button where you can access financial information.
- If you have any questions or need additional assistance in setting up your portal, contact the PLNU Help Desk at 619-849-2222.