President's Climate Commitment
As a Christian institution of higher education, PLNU stands for leading in the practice of resource stewardship. We seek opportunities to demonstrate and teach creation care to the community. In 2007, PLNU joined hundreds of universities across the Nation in signing the President's Climate Commitment. This pledge is a vital part of demonstrating the university's moral commitment to environmental stewardship. The commitment agrees to the following:
- Completing regular greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories and progress reports
- Within two years, setting a target date and interim milestones for becoming climate neutral.
- Taking immediate steps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by choosing from a list of short-term actions
- Integrating sustainability into the curriculum and making it part of the educational experience.
- Making our climate action plan, inventories and progress reports publicly available.
For further information visit the Presidents' Climate Commitment website.